Booking Terms and Conditions
Bookings are subject to the following terms and conditions as agreed to at the time of booking.
Accommodation booking, amendments and cancellation
- A contract between you and the owners will come into existence when we receive payment and accept your booking by issuing a confirmation of booking for the holiday dates shown in the rental agreement. The contract binds you and all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms and conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract and loss of the booking.
- A non-refundable deposit of 25% of the holiday price is payable at the time of booking. Bookings made less than eight weeks before your arrival date must be accompanied by the full amount of the holiday charge.
- The balance must be paid so as to arrive no later than eight weeks before the commencement of your holiday. If the balance is not received by the due date then your holiday will be treated as a cancellation and you (the guest) will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent.
- All cancellations must be immediately notified by telephone and then in writing. If you cancel your holiday more than 56 days before it is due to start then your deposit will be forfeit. If you cancel 56 days or less before the first day of your holiday then the full balance remains due and is not refundable.
- We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance. If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
- Your booking will not be cancelled by the owner except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.
- The number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed those stated at the time of booking and only those people listed on the booking form can occupy the apartment. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
- The owners accept no responsibility for personal injury to the guest and/or his/her invitees (jointly known as "the Holidaymakers"), or loss of or consequential loss or damage to their property, or for other matters over which Eddington Lodge has no control.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
- We (the owner) reserve the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
- We or our representative reserve the right to enter the apartment at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
- Tenancies normally commence at 4pm unless otherwise agreed and guests are required to vacate the apartment by 10am on the day of departure. This allows the accommodation to be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for incoming guests. Upon departure you will be expected to strip any beds used and empty all bins into the red bin provided in the barn. All radiators are to be turned off.
- Pets or smoking of any form (including vaping) anywhere on the premises will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. This must be strictly adhered to and any damage or extra cleaning caused by pets or smoking will be at the expense of you.
- In making a booking you accept responsibility for any theft, breakage or damage caused by you or any member of your party and you agree to indemnify us in full for any loss that we may incur as a result.
- Please treat the facilities and accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. In the event that you notice damage in your accommodation please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there have been any breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could replace them or advise us before you leave. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday and you may be charged for any loss or damage found.
- Please ensure that you lock the doors and close the windows when leaving the property unoccupied.
- The owner reserves the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
- Please note that in the event that any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
- The client may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
- The internet connection is available at no extra cost subject to technical availability.
- The owner shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any astronomy equipment, machinery or appliance in the building or grounds.
- All inventory must remain in the property it was in at arrival and not be taken to another property.
- Guests requiring a booking to be altered once the booking has been confirmed will be charged £35.00.
- Guests must abide by all rules relating to astronomy equipment at all times. These rules are as follows:
- The astronomy equipment must not be used in daylight hours.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the observation pods or observatory.
- Please DO NOT put anything on the telescope mirrors or try to wipe them clean – this will damage them permanently.
- Children are very welcome in the observation pods and we love to show them the stars but please ensure they do not play with the lenses or telescopes.
- Persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times when using the telescopes.
- Astronomy equipment is not to be used while guests are under the influence of alcohol.
- Observation pods must be locked up at the end of the night. If you think you might struggle, please let us know and we will be really happy to help.
- No smoking is allowed in the observation pods.
- In the event of any damage caused to any astronomy equipment please let us know immediately.
- Children under 18 must be supervised by their parents/guardians at all times.
- We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
- We have compiled the information on our website as accurately as possible, however facilities may be altered or withdrawn for reasons outside Eddington Lodge’s control, in which case we cannot accept responsibility.
- Any problem or complaint which the client may have concerning their holiday must be immediately reported directly to us/our representatives and we will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us/the property manager at the time and only reported after the client has returned from holiday will not be considered by the proprietor..
- We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
- This property is privately owned and is our home. We expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own house.
- The website booking terms and conditions supersede all previous terms and conditions.